Google Plus is Dead. Google Reviews Are Not.
Online reviews are an integral part of an internet marketing strategy. Future, potential customers turn to sites like Google, Facebook and Yelp everyday seeking out information on the best local businesses. With the death of Google Plus, the ability for your customers to leave reviews on Google has gotten trickier.
Why Do Online Reviews Matter?
- Nearly 9 in 10 consumers have read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business, and 39% do so on a regular basis. (Source)
- 88% of people say they trust online reviews as much as they do personal recommendations. (Source)
- They can eliminate any doubts potential customers may have about a product, or can help product selection.
- To increase knowledge retention during sales training, onboarding or customer education efforts.
- People searching for online reviews are very likely to make a purchase in the near future.
- When many ecommerce sites just use the same standard manufacturer descriptions and product specifications, user-generated content can differentiate a product page in the search results.
From now on, there is no specific page customers can go to on Google to interact with your business, however they can still find your information in the Knowledge Graph Box in the search result pages and in the “Local Finder” page which users are sent to after clicking a business in the Local Pack search results.
Any previous links you have given to your customers, on your website, emails or otherwise, will no longer send them to the correct destination to review your business. These links must be updated in order to continue performing the correct function.
How to Get These Coveted Google Review Links
Grade.us Review link generator has saved the day by creating a simple tool where business owners or marketing pros can enter a business name and zip code and generate a link that can be used to direct customers to submit business reviews.
- Enter your business name and zip code and then click "Get Google Review Links."
- Select the correct business from the list.
- Five different Google review links will appear. The second link titled “Open in Search Results” will probably be your best place to send customers.